Health & Wellness
Energy! We all wish we had more of it. We all need it to get through our busy lives. Not the kind of energy that comes in a can, or coffee mug or crinkly wrapper either. The kind of energy that comes from these 8 healthy habits. They are easier than you think.
- Rise Early-People who get up early are more pro-active, use the extra time to collect yourself, exercise, or eat breakfast.
- Eat Breakfast-Starting your day with healthy food choices is the kick-start to get you going and keep you going until lunch. Try to include these power houses: eggs, peanut butter, yogurt or fruit.
- Drink Water-It is so obvious, but free and easy. Do it!
- Get Up and Move-We are not physiologically made to be sedentary. Short walks around your workspace can keep blood flowing for healthy energy.
- Bring Your Lunch-Preparing your food at home can drastically reduce your calorie intake and ensure you are getting a balanced meal to keep you going until the end of the day.
- Stretch-Do a few minutes in the morning right after you wake up to get your blood moving to all your extremities. Then, make sure to do a few during the day. Try to gently stretch your neck and roll your shoulders if you work at a desk all day.
- Sneak In Exercise-Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Leave your bus or train stop early and walk. Part of being fit is working in extra mobility into your day.
- Eat At The Right Time-Having food late at night can have a big impact on how your body metabolizes the calories and also negatively impact the quality of your sleep.